ANYONE entering the event at any time must be at least 19 years old & present a valid piece of photo identification.
There will be NO MOBILE PHONE USE inside the event space. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
Phones are to be silenced and pocketed or stored with your belongings at coat check before entering the event. If you need to use your phone, please take it outside the venue.
Video and/or audio recording is not permitted in the dungeon. Cameras, laptops, and any other electronic devices which may have recording capabilities are prohibited from being used inside the event.
WE DO NOT ALLOW ILLEGAL DRUGS INSIDE THE EVENT.
We believe that bodies of all shapes, sizes and abilities are made to enjoy consensual kink.
We respect and embrace all forms of consensual kink. We do NOT kink shame.
- We want to provide a safe space for new and returning Members of the community to explore their kink. We want to protect the health and safety of the attendees at our events. This includes those who are, and who are not participating in a given scene. We want to proactively require enthusiastic consent and intervene in situations where there is an ongoing consent violation.
- We want to respect our venue partners and operate within their insurance policies and not cause harm to them. We want to comply with any by-laws or provincial/federal laws.
- We want to facilitate open communication and the timely resolution of issues.
The venue safeword is “SAFEWORD”. Calling your safeword ensures that all play stops immediately.
- You must for explicit consent before touching anyone or their possessions.
- You will not interrupt scenes, even if they appear to be done, or join scenes unless you have been explicitly invited to join before the scene started.
- You shall report any violations of these rules to a DM or a Board Member immediately.
- Failure to follow rules 1 and 2, when pointed out to you by a DM or Board member, may lead to temporary suspension or expulsion from the Society, as per bylaw 9, and/or your removal from Indigeo events.
Indigeo Volo does NOT allow firearms(real, replica, airsoft, BB, etc.), stun or taser guns, irritants (mace-type sprays), or open flames (lighters, torches, etc.) at our parties.
- NO BODILY FLUIDS PLAY. Vomit, urine, scat, and diaper play are prohibited.
- NO RAPE OR CONSENSUAL NON-CONSENT PLAY.
- NO BREATH PLAY. Gags and masks that allow free breathing are permitted.
- NO BLOOD PLAY. If blood is incidental to the play itself, i.e. blood from needles or knifeplay, such play is allowed. Cutting, scarification, or the use of sharp instruments to create any open wounds/flowing blood are NOT permitted. The primary concern is to ensure that blood is not airborne or splattering. Blood must be contained for biosafety. Please use a drop cloth during play and speak with a DM if you believe that your play will create incidentally flowing blood.
- NO OPEN FLAMES. Please use non-flame heaters (i.e. candle warmers) and drop cloths for wax play.
The SOCIAL AREA is by definition an area where play does not occur. Those in the social area have a reasonable expectation of non-involvement in play. If you wish to use the social area to engage in pet play, bondage, or exhibitionism for example, please speak with the head DM first. We will be pleased to facilitate special arrangements to accommodate certain activities in the social area; communication is the key to doing this right, and we encourage this with a few simple rules:
- All activities in the social area must be respectful of others who may not consent to accidental involvement in your play.
- Impact play and rough body play are not permitted in the social area.
- Any bondage that restricts the freedom of movement of hands or feet or that covers the eyes is not allowed in the social area, except by special arrangements to establish a safe space for display and participation purposes.
- DMs are focused on scenes in the play areas and will not be monitoring the social area. Tops are to ensure the physical safety of bottoms on and off the play floor.
Scenes on or off the play floor in a designated area are not to be interrupted unless you are invited to interact with scene participants. RESPECT SCENES IN PROGRESS. Please be considerate of the mental states of those in scenes. Loud conversations nearby can be detrimental to them. Do not touch a person engaged in a scene or enter a scene in progress without the express permission of the participants. Do not carry on conversations with, or ask questions of people involved in scenes. Do not encroach on scenes; give players space to play. Do not interact with those in the aftercare area; wait until they rejoin the social area.
DON’T INTERVENE. If you see something going on that disturbs you, do not intervene; instead, bring the matter to the attention of a Dungeon Monitor. Our DMs are trained to observe scenes for the safety of all participants.
- The Event safeword is “SAFEWORD”, or “RED”. Calling your safeword ensures that all play stops immediately.
- SEX IS NOT PERMITTED ANYWHRE IN THE VENUE DURING THE EVENT. Penetration with toys or fingers and manual stimulation is permitted on the play floor ONLY. Please keep butt plugs and other wearables in place when in the social area.
- KNIFEPLAY is permitted, provided it does not cause any flowing blood. Cutting, scarification, or the use of sharp instruments to create any open wounds/flowing blood are NOT permitted.
- All play involving NEEDLES will be done in designated areas ONLY. Please use the sanitation and sharps disposal boxes provided. There is to be NO impact play when needles are in use.
- Tops are responsible for monitoring bottoms at all times on the play floor. Please do not leave bottoms unattended on the play floor.
- SOLO PLAY is permitted with a spotter.
- There is a small AFTERCARE area. Please consider others and be prepared to move out if you have been there for a while and space is becoming limited.
- INJURIES and EQUIPMENT PROBLEMS must be immediately reported to a DM. Anyone requiring FIRST AID should also immediately see a DM.
- Please CLEAN ALL EQUIPMENT AFTER USE with the disinfectant wipes and gloves provided.
- If you are unsure about how use specific equipment, ask a DM.
- DM DECISIONS ARE FINAL. The Dungeon Monitor (DM) Team is responsible for ensuring
compliance with these policies and maintaining an enjoyable environment for all. If you disagree with the decision of the DM, please discontinue the action in question and discuss it calmly with them. If you wish, you may appeal the matter to the Head DM. The Head DM’s decisions are final and will be fully supported by Event Management.
We take the safety and enjoyment of our Members very seriously. If anything infringes on you having a good time at an Indigeo Volo party we want to hear about it. We strongly encourage you to seek a timely resolution both for your wellbeing and to avoid the potential for rifts in our community. We believe that transparent policy and processes, timeliness, and good communication are helpful in maintaining a healthy and vibrant community. If you experience any issue at an Indigeo party please follow our simple resolution process:
- If you experience a consent issue; please report this to the head DM and a Board Member as soon as possible. If you wish to address it after the party is over, please contact us. We will work with you sensitively and professionally to support you in finding a solution that works for you.
- If you experience an issue with a DM during an event, please contact the Head DM who will be at the event. Explain the issue and ask for their help. If you would like support in addressing the issue, please ask a Board Member to join you. A Board Member can usually be found in the coat check/door area. Together, they will be pleased to help you find a resolution.
- If you experience an issue with another Member; please contact a Board Member as soon as possible. We will be available to help you negotiate with the other party and hopefully settle the matter.