The following rules are posted at every Indigeo Victoria event and every person admitted into the event must agree to abide by these rules. They will be enforced. If you do not follow these rules, you may be asked to leave by the DM’s. These are in place to help ensure everyone’s safety and comfort.
Revised June 6th 2019
INDIGEO VOLO SOCIETY – DUNGEON POLICY AGREEMENT
PRINCIPLES FOR INDIGEO PARTIES
- We respect and embrace all forms of consensual kink
- We do not kink shame
- We want to protect the health or safety of attendees at the party who are not participating in a given scene
- We want to provide a safe space for new members of the community to explore their kink
- We want to protect consent and intervene in situations where there is an ongoing consent violation
- We want to respect our venue partners and operate within their insurance policies and not cause harm to them
- We want to comply with any by-laws or provincial/federal laws
- We encourage open communication and the timely resolution of issues
RULES AND POLICIES
- DM DECISIONS ARE FINAL. The Dungeon Monitor (DM) Team is responsible for ensuring compliance with these policies and maintaining an enjoyable environment for all. If you dispute the requests of a DM, please discontinue the action in question and discuss it calmly with them. If you wish, you may appeal the matter to the Head DM. The Head DM’s decisions are final and will be fully supported by Event Management.
- ANYONE ENTERING THE EVENT at any time must be at least 19 years old & present valid ID.
- ONLY YES MEANS YES! BDSM only involves consensual acts. Everyone must follow the Enthusiastic Consent Policy at our events.
- SAFEWORD: The Event safeword is “SAFEWORD”.
- NO ILLEGAL DRUGS.
- OPEN FLAMES OF ANY KIND ARE NOT PERMITTED. Please use non flame heaters and drop cloths for wax play.
- NO ALCOHOL IS PERMITTED ON THE PLAY FLOOR. NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL. Alcohol purchased at the bar may only be consumed in designated social areas. Anyone deemed to be unduly under the influence MAY be denied admittance, instructed to cease play, or asked to leave the event, based on the discretion of the DM team and Indigeo board of Directors.
- CELL PHONES & RECORDING DEVICES: Recording images and sound is not permitted in the dungeon. Cell phones, cameras, laptops, and other electronic devices which may have recording capabilities are prohibited. If you need to use your cell phone, please take it outside the venue. Cell phones are to be silenced and pocketed before entering the event. There will be NO CELL PHONE USE inside the event space. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
- USE OF SOCIAL AREA: The social area is by definition an area where play does not occur. Those in the social area have a reasonable expectation of non involvement in play. If you wish to use the social area to engage in pet play, bondage or exhibitionism for example, we encourage this with a few simple rules. Please speak with the head DM first, we will be pleased to facilitate special arrangements to accommodate certain activities in the social area; communication is the key to doing this right.
- Impact play and rough body play is not permitted in the social area
- All activities in the social area must be respectful of others who may not consent to accidental involvement in your play.
- Bondage that restricts the freedom of movement of hands or feet or that covers the eyes is not allowed in the social area, except by special arrangement to establish a safe space for display and participation purposes.
- DM’s are focused on scenes in the play areas and will not be monitoring the social area.
- Tops are to ensure the physical safety of bottoms on & off the play floor.
- Scenes on or off the play floor in a designated area are not to be interrupted, unless you are invited to interact with scene participants.
- PROHIBITED PLAY includes: Breath play, vomit play, urine, scat or diaper play, and rape play. Breath play is defined as the restriction of breathing by covering mouth and nose simultaneously, or by restricting the airway or blood flow by constriction of the neck. Gags and masks that allow free breathing are allowed.
- PLAY REQUIRING PRE-NEGOTIATION with the DM: Play in the social area, face-punching, gagging, electrical play, consensual non-consent, takedown or extreme edge play. Use of gags requires establishment of a visual safeword with the DM. If in doubt please speak with a DM.
- SOLO PLAY is permitted with a spotter.
- TOPS ARE RESPONSIBLE for monitoring bottoms at all times on the play floor. Please do not leave bottoms unattended on the play floor.
- RESTRICTED PLAY ITEMS: The following items are NOT permitted on the premises: firearms (real or replica), stun or taser guns, irritants (e.g. mace, bear spray, pepper spray).
- SEXUAL ACTS RESTRICTIONS: Sex is NOT permitted anywhere on site during the event. Sex is defined as genital/genital, genital/oral, genital/anal, or oral/anal contact. Penetration with toys or fingers and manual stimulation is permitted on the Play Floor ONLY. Please keep butt plugs and other wearables in place when in the social area.
- NEEDLE PLAY RESTRICTIONS: All play involving needles will be done in designated areas ONLY. Please use the sanitation and sharps disposal boxes provided. No impact play when needles are in use.
- NO BLOOD PLAY: Blood play is defined as the purposeful creation and use of blood in a scene. If blood is incidental to the play itself, i.e. blood from needles or knife play, such play is allowed. The primary concern is to ensure that blood is not airborne or splattering. Blood must be contained for bio safety. Please use a drop cloth during play and speak with a DM if you believe that your play will create flowing blood.
- EQUIPMENT USE & CARE: If you make a mess, please clean it up. Clean all equipment after use with disinfectant wipes provided. Use gloves when using disinfectant wipes. If unsure about how to use specific equipment, ask a DM.
- RESPECT SCENES IN PROGRESS. Be considerate of the mental states of those in scenes. Loud conversations nearby can be detrimental to them. Do not touch a person engaged in a scene or enter a scene in progress without the express permission of the participants. Do not carry on conversations with, or ask questions of people involved in scenes. Do not encroach on scenes; give players space to play. Do not interact with those in the aftercare area; wait until they rejoin the social area.
- DON’T INTERVENE: If you see something going on that disturbs you, do not intervene; bring the matter to the attention of a DM.
- REPORT ALL INJURIES AND EQUIPMENT PROBLEMS immediately to a DM.
- FIRST AID: Anyone requiring First Aid should immediately see a DM.
- AFTERCARE: There is a small aftercare area. Please consider others and be prepared to move out if you have been there for a while and space is becoming limited.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION: We take the safety and enjoyment of our members very seriously. If anything infringes on you having a good time at an Indigeo party we want to hear about it. If you experience any issue at an Indigeo party please follow this simple resolution process. We strongly encourage you to get timely resolution and avoid the potential for rifts in our community. We believe transparent policy, process, timeliness and good communication are helpful in maintaining a healthy and vibrant community.
- If you experience a consent issue; please report this to the head DM and a board member as soon as possible. If you wish to address it after the party is over, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you sensitively and professionally to support you in finding a solution that works for you.
- If you experience an issue with a DM and would like to resolve that, please do so as soon as possible. Contact the Head DM who will be at the party and explain the issue and ask for their help. If you would like support in addressing the issue, please ask a board member to join you. A board member can usually be found in the coat check / door area. We will be pleased to help you get resolution.
- If you experience an issue with another member; please contact a board member as soon as possible. We will be pleased to help you negotiate with the other party and hopefully settle the matter.
Please email us at email@example.com